A life insurance plan that ensures that your monthly contributions made to a financial institution
to meet a set target amount over an agreed duration is insured against death and disability and also retrenchment
Covers the Main Life only
Maximum Sum Assured is GHC 500,000.
The minimum age at entry is 18; with maximum age at entry being 60.
Maximum Cover Ages
- Permanent Disability-Up to Age 65
- Death-Up to age 70
- Retrenchment-Up to age 65
- Minimum policy term – 5 years
- Maximum policy term – 52 years
Free Cover Limit (FCL)
- The free cover (non-medical) limit is GHC 100,000.
There will be medical underwriting for any sum assured above the FCL.
Some below FCL might undergo medical based on underwriting decision.
There shall be a waiting period of six (6) months for persons who do not undergo medicals for Death and Permanent Disability. And a 12months waiting period for Retrenchment irrespective of medicals
Benefits of Dream Guard
Making a Claim
Reporting a Claim
- In the event that the Life Assured passes on: within one (1) year from the date of the death
- In the event of a Total Permanent Disability, within three months after the deferred period
- In the event of Retrenchment, within 30 days after the date of retrenchment
- A completed claim form
- The original Document of Insurance.
- Any national form of identity that establishes the name and date of birth of the policyholder and/ or claimant: Voters’ ID, Driver’s license, Passport or NHIS card.
The following under listed documents are also required depending on the type of claim
- A death certificate or medical cause of death or a legal document that confirms the occurrence of the event for which the claim is being made
- A Police Report in the event of unnatural death
Total Permanent Disability Claim
- A letter from the employer confirming that the individual has been off work continuously for six (6) months due to a TPD
- Job Description Questionnaire
- A doctor’s report confirming TPD from a doctor registered with the Ghana Medical and Dental Council in medical facility registered with the Ghana Health Service
- A letter from the employer confirming that the individual has been laid off work